Selecting A Venue For Corporate Events: Things That Matter!
Planning and organizing a corporate event can be overwhelming. As a manager, your first task is to find a venue. Regardless of whether you are organizing a special cocktail event with 50 people, or need to invite the entire office for a big bash, it is important to select a venue that’s ideal for the event. In this post, we are sharing a few tips on how to find the right venue for a corporate event.
- Consider the location. For any event, you need a venue that’s accessible for the guests. Opting for a prime location is always better, because that kind of simplifies the logistics. If you are selecting a club or bar, make sure that it is well-connected with rest of the city.
- Find more on entertainment. Just because it is a corporate event, it doesn’t have to be boring. Make sure that you select a place that has star performers, adequate entertainment options, and can make necessary arrangements on request. If you are selecting a nightclub¸ check the list of popular entertainers. Many clubs do have acrobats and aerialists, which can be an advantage.
- Consider the basics. We recommend that you ask some of these basic questions –
- Do they have private VIP entrance?
- Do they have valet service?
- Do they havefull-service bars?
- What’s their standard menu for such events?
- Do they have private dining rooms?
- Discuss your budget. For corporate events, the budget has to be discussed in advance, and if you are not sure of how to go ahead, just share your list of requirements. The club or venue will give an estimate based on the inclusions. Keep in mind that there is always room to negotiate the costs, so don’t shy away from discussing things further.
- Check for other highlights. Every corporate event is unique, and depending on the kind of entertainment you want, you can ask for inclusions. For example, if you want to book an entire rooftop bar, you may want to discuss performances, live music, buffet and so on.
Finally, ensure that the venue is popular. When you arrange corporate events at known venues, it adds to your brand image, and that’s one of the many reasons why big businesses don’t mind shelling a tad more for the right place. The venue is the symbol of your brand’s value, so select one that’s affordable but doesn’t compromise on the services.